Making the Most of Your Visit to Menlo Summerfest
To maximize your enjoyment and comfort, here are some helpful tips in planning your trip to Menlo Summerfest, July 21–22:
- Be kind to your pet companions (i.e., dogs), and leave them in the comforts of their own home.
- Dress comfortably, put on some sunscreen, perhaps wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear shoes you feel comfortable strolling in. The festival covers several city blocks, so you’ll be walking a lot.
- Consider backpacking children. Strollers take up more space and are difficult to navigate through crowds.
- For your convenience, pay for drink tickets and glasses using any major credit card at the Ticket/Glass booths spread throughout the festival. We’re set up with Square! It's quick, it’s easy, it's convenient, it’s awesome!
- Bring along cash for food and beverages. Not all food and beverage vendors accept credit cards.
- Don’t fill up on food at the first food booth you see. Stroll around a bit to get a flavor of the offerings, then sample several of the dishes that appeal to you.
- Be careful with your consumption of beer and wine. Drink plenty of water. The weather tends to be warm in July.
- Think about your holiday shopping when browsing the arts and crafts booths. Festivals offer unique gifts you can stash away until December.
- Avoid the traffic congestion and ride your bike. Bicycle parking racks are available on several side streets along Santa Cruz Avenue.
- Consider using public transportation. For Caltrain/SamTrans information, call 800-660-4287 or check out www.samtrans.com or www.caltrain.com. For VTA information, call 800-894-9908 or check out www.vta.org.