Celebrate Good Times! Menlo Summerfest, coming up July 15-16, brings you two days of world-class fun in the sun. The sensational lineup features stellar headliner music on the new Soundwaves Stage at El Camino Real, the fresh, new Hopsland Craft Beer Tent, What’s Up Photo Booth, Cornhole Corner and Mod Mix Millennial Stage in our buzzing new Summerland in Fremont Park, Artsplash with extraordinary fine art and cool crafts by 200 professional artists, Summer Vibes Art Contest and Express Your Summerself Color Spot, Mobile Eats with fab food trucks and booths; Deelish Drink with artisan cocktails, craft beer and premium wine, Savory City with gourmet specialty foods; Super Duper Funzone with a host of awesome amusements for kids, the Summer Fun Kiddieland with an amazing array of thrill rides plus Fleet Feet Menlo Park’s Summerfest Run Happy 5K Fun Run & Walk on Sunday, July 16! Admission is free. Presented by the Menlo Park Chamber of Commerce.
- Stellar Live Music and Entertainment Everywhere … get ready – the greatest two days of live music Menlo Park has ever experienced is coming with eleven top-shelf bands, two big stages and multiple street locations of sensational music, plus DJs, hip hop dance, comedy and circus arts on the bill. The entertainment lineup includes Zepparella, Jambalaya, Boombox, Andre Thierry Accordion Soul Music, Sol Peligro, Sang Matiz, and The Reikestra (on the Soundwaves Stage at El Camino Real), and The Jack Mosbacher Band, MDC – Max Dance Company, comedienne Sarah Cooper, world-famous DJ Jeffrey and aerial acrobat Moni Dragonfly (on the Mod Mix Millennial Stage in Summerland, Fremont Park) plus talented street musicians John Clarke, Chaz & Co. and HeartStrings Music.
- Mobile Eats … festival eateries, food trucks and food booths will be serving up deliciously, delectable fare. Coffee-rubbed beef brisket, pork spareribs, herb-rubbed smoked and grilled chicken, Louisiana hot links, hand-pulled pork, sandwiches and classic BBQ accompaniments including corn muffins, slaws and baked beans; the classic Vietnamese street-food sandwich—vegetable-laden banh mi—an airy French baguette filled with pickled carrots and daikon, cucumbers, pickled red onions and jalapeños; garlic noodles with green onion oil, kicky kimchi and crumbled peanuts; salads with a base of vegetable-flecked jasmine rice or rice vermicelli topped with nine-spice grilled chicken, lemongrass-roasted pork, shaken Wagyu beef, tamarind tofu or seasonal vegetables; grilled Colby jack cheese sandwiches on thick Texas toast; juicy Portobello mushroom and succulent tri-tip sandwiches, giant turkey legs, barbecued oysters, sweet corn-on-the-cob, steaming baked potatoes with all the trimmings, decadent crab rolls and crab fries, garlic fries, scrumptious corn dogs, chicken tenders, Teriyaki chicken and veggie chow mein, rice bowls, crispy zucchini, Non-alcoholic Pina Coladas served in all-natural coconut and pineapple cups, Shave ice – grape, strawberry, watermelon, pineapple and mango flavors with an added infusion of vitamins C and D, and fresh-popped Kettle Corn.
- Deelish Drink … enjoy signature Summerfest cocktails – deelish Honeycrisp Apple Mules (Skyy Honeycrisp Apple vodka, fresh squeezed lime juice and ginger beer) plus classic Bloody Mary’s and refreshing, handmade margaritas made from fresh fruit purees – mango, strawberry, cucumber jalapeno and traditional lime. Craft beer lovers will be in Hops Heaven with the world-class draft brews from Lagunitas Brewing Company – their ruthlessly delicious IPA and tropically hoppy, citrusy 12th of Never. For aficionados of fine wine and bubbly, there will be a super premium selection of truly luscious vintages from award-winning Santa Cruz Mountains producers and around the world. Creekview Vineyards, a small estate winery near San Martin, will be serving their melodious and harmonious Chardonnay and Merlot. Roudon-Smith Winery, dedicated to the production of exceptional wines from selected vineyards of the Santa Cruz Mountains, will be pouring a crisp and delicious Chardonnay and velvety Rhone-style, fruit forward Syrah. Festivalgoers can taste their way around the world, sipping elegant, refreshing Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand’s acclaimed Steve Bird Wines, fabulous, berry-scented Nabari Rioja from Spain, a hugely popular blend of Garnacha and Tempranillo, and easy-drinking Villa Santi Prosecco with soft citrus flavors that dance through bubbles. Cool off with refreshing Honey Green Tea, Half Lemonade/Half Tea and Pomegranate Blueberry Herbal Tea from Honest Tea, enjoy a bottle of Crystal Geyser Alpine Spring Water, 100% natural and bottled at the source or savor an iced illy espresso-style coffee drink – your choice of Cappuccino, Caffe Latte or Caffe Vanilla Affogato. Sip your favorite beverage in a beautiful, collector-item wine or beer glass adorned with the stylish festival logo.
- Artsplash … Pacific Fine Arts Festivals brings its world-class and diverse lineup of professional artists and fine craftmakers to showcase their extraordinary work with many new artists and their latest handcrafted products featured. Plus the "Summer Vibes” art contest among festival artists and the “Express Your Summerself Color Spot”.
- Super Duper Kidz Funzone … there’s tons of action-packed fun for kids: an ultra-thrilling bungee jump, wild and wacky waterballerz, a rock climbing wall, dancing party animal puppets, caricature artists, super cool face painting, henna art and glitter tattoos, sand art creative cards, wands, crowns, colorful sand art sculptures, the Stone Room’s amazing collection of crystals, rocks, minerals and fossils, exotic French hair braiding, and our big Summer Fun Kiddieland with an amazing array of the latest, exciting carnival style rides – Super Slide, Tea Cups, Wrecking Ball, Frog Hopper, Wild Raft, Loop-O-Plane, and Astro Liner.
- Summerland debuts in Fremont Park and promises to be buzzing with action including the Mod Mix Millennial Stage, Mobile Eats food trucks, Hopsland Craft Beer Tent, What’s Up Photo Booth and non-stop Cornhole tossing action.
- Hopsland, the big new craft beer tent debuts in Fremont Park, featuring delectably delicious beer from several of the top craft brewers in the world: Golden Road Hefeweisen, Elysian Immortal IPA, Deschutes Passionfruit IPA, Firestone DBA (Double Barrel Ale), Trumer Pils, Lagunitas Lagunator Lager, Stone Stochasticity Project Hifi + Lofi Mixtape and Coffee Milk Stout, and Speakeasy Scarlet Red Ale.
- What’s Up Photo Booth … Inventor/mad scientist Paul Supp spent countless hours of design and collaboration with world-class engineers to bring you the ultimate photo booth experience. “Dolores” is a work of art on wheels; she is a fully automated mobile photo booth that allows you the unique opportunity to take a step back in time while enjoying technological advances of today. Complete with a fully functional smoke stack and custom designed interior, Dolores takes professional quality photos that are printed instantly for you to hold as keepsake for years to come. Digital photos are also available.
- Savory City … an array of artisan-produced specialty food sprinkled throughout the event provides the perfect opportunity to sample and purchase small-batch, handcrafted edibles as well as meet and chat with the actual producers. Custom infused balsamic vinaigrettes, balsamics, maple syrup and oils; mustard blends, curds and scone mixes, marinades and finishing sauces, exotic jams and jellies, honey and honey products, butters and chutneys, vinaigrettes and dressings; California-grown gourmet pomegranate products – fresh-squeezed juice, balsamic vinegar, marinade, balsamic grill sauce, fruit spread, syrup, grenadine; artisan cakes, cupcakes and desserts; delicious and healthy flavored and raw almonds, pistachios, cashews, pecans, walnuts, dried peaches, pears and apricots; world-class, handmade almond toffee, delicious French-style pies, handmade granola, loose leaf teas, sugars, dried fruits and nuts, spice blends, salts, and peppers.
- Summerfest Run Happy 5K Fun Run & Walk … Fleet Feet Menlo Park is sponsoring the free Summerfest Run Happy 5K Fun Run & Walk starting at 9 a.m. on Sunday, July 16 in Fremont Park. Pre-register here to reserve your finisher visor – a Brooks Run Happy visor. Finishers will also receive snow cones and other treats, and will have the opportunity to become an officially sponsored Brooks athlete with certificate and photo op at the post-run cool down in Fremont Park! Pre-register early to reserve your spot.
Viva Plastic! Pay for drink tickets and glasses using any major credit card at the Ticket/Glass booths spread throughout the festival.