Summer Vibes Art Contest at Menlo Summerfest
The Summer Vibes art contest returns to Menlo Summerfest, coming up July 15-16 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Santa Cruz Avenue in Menlo Park.
The contest is open to all of the talented artists participating in this this year’s festival. [See some of the artist submissions below.]
Artists are asked to express their own, signature summer vibe for the chance to win prize money and prestige. Three winners will be selected, each receiving $300 – one winner will be selected from each of the categories of Fine Art, Craft, Best in Show. The contest is sponsored by Menlo Park Chamber of Commerce.
“Each artisan will have an opportunity to take part in the contest and translate via their medium what Summer Vibe means to them,” explained Director of Pacific Fine Arts Festivals Dana Hale-Mounier. “Painters might portray a relaxing beach scene, while a clothing designer might construct a billowy dress for a leisurely summer date. A glass jeweler might blow colorful beads into a whimsical necklace.”
Artists will be asked for detailed descriptions of their work, explaining what “summer vibe” means to them and how they translate that through their specific mediums. Participants will display their artwork in their booths for judging on Saturday morning, and it will be available for sale to the public.
Summer Vibes Contest Details
- Submit an image of the work you’d like to include in the Summer Vibe contest.
- Submitted art/craft piece must be present at the event for viewing onsite.
- Entries must be received by Sunday, July 9 to be included (the earlier the better to be included on social media and the event webpage).
- Artist name and business name, cell number
- Category for judging (Fine Art or Craft)
- Title of piece, price, size, description of materials used
- Detailed description of how you translated into your submitted work what "Summer Vibe" means to you.
- If you have a short smartphone video of you working on the piece or of you with the final piece talking about it please also email that for consideration to be used for the contest’s promotion on social media/event webpage.
- Fine Art (wall art & sculpture)—submitted artwork required to be entered into consideration
- Crafts (examples: metal wood glass pottery textiles specialty foods etc.)—submitted artwork required to be entered into consideration
- Best in Show—Overall artist display presentation. All participants entered for consideration by virtue of participation in Menlo Summerfest.
Three (3) winners total @ $300/each in the following categories:
- Fine Art
- Best in Show