Making the Most of Your Visit to Menlo Summer Fest
To maximize your enjoyment and comfort, here are some helpful tips in planning your trip to Menlo Summer Fest, July 21–22:
- Be kind to your pet companions (i.e., dogs), and leave them in the comforts of their own home.
- Dress comfortably, put on some sunscreen, perhaps wear a hat to protect yourself from the sun.
- Wear shoes you feel comfortable strolling in. The festival covers several city blocks, so you’ll be walking a lot.
- Consider backpacking children. Strollers take up more space and are difficult to navigate through crowds.
- For your convenience, pay for drink tickets and glasses using any major credit card at the Ticket/Glass booths spread throughout the festival. We’re set up with Square! It's quick, it’s easy, it's convenient, it’s awesome!
- Bring along cash for food and beverages. Not all food and beverage vendors accept credit cards.
- Don’t fill up on food at the first food booth you see. Stroll around a bit to get a flavor of the offerings, then sample several of the dishes that appeal to you.
- Be careful with your consumption of beer and wine. Drink plenty of water. The weather tends to be warm in July.
- Think about your holiday shopping when browsing the arts and crafts booths. Festivals offer unique gifts you can stash away until December.
- Avoid the traffic congestion and ride your bike. Bicycle parking racks are available on several side streets along Santa Cruz Avenue.
- Consider using public transportation. For Caltrain/SamTrans information, call 800-660-4287 or check out www.samtrans.com or www.caltrain.com. For VTA information, call 800-894-9908 or check out www.vta.org.