Summer Vibes Art Contest at Menlo Summer Fest
The Summer Vibes art contest returns to Menlo Summer Fest, coming up July 17-18 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Santa Cruz Avenue in Menlo Park.
“Each artisan will have an opportunity to take part in the contest and translate via their medium what Summer Vibe means to them.”
The contest is open to all of the talented artists participating in this this year’s festival.
“Each artisan will have an opportunity to take part in the contest and translate via their medium what Summer Vibe means to them,” explained Director of Pacific Fine Arts Festivals Dana Hale-Mounier. “Painters might portray a relaxing beach scene, while a clothing designer might construct a billowy dress for a leisurely summer date. A glass jeweler might blow colorful beads into a whimsical necklace.”
Participants will display their artwork in their booths for judging on Saturday morning, and it will be available for sale to the public.
Artists will be asked for detailed descriptions of their work, explaining what “summer vibe” means to them and how they translate that through their specific mediums. Participants will display their artwork in their booths for judging on Saturday morning, and it will be available for sale to the public.
Creations entered in the contest have the opportunity to win cash awards in each of the following three categories: 1st/2nd Best of Fine Art, 1st/2nd Best of Craft and Best of Show. The Menlo Park Chamber of Commerce generously sponsors the contest.
Summer Vibes Contest Details
Five (5) winners total in the following categories:
- 1st/2nd $300/100 Fine Art (wall art & sculpture)
- 1st/2nd $300/100 Crafts (examples: metal, wood, glass, pottery, textiles, specialty foods etc.)
- One award of $100 for Best in Show—Overall artist display presentation. All Menlo Summer Fest participants entered for this award consideration by virtue of participation in event.
- Submit an image of the work you’d like to include in the Summer Vibes contest.
- Submitted art/craft piece must be present at the event for judging on-site Saturday morning.
- Entries must be received by Sunday, July 11 to be included (NOTE: the earlier the better to be included on social media and the event webpage).
- Artist name and business name, cell number
- Category for judging (Fine Art or Craft)
- Title of piece, price, size, description of materials used
- Detailed description of what SUMMER VIBES means to you and how you translated that into your art/craft/specialty food submission.
- If you have a 15 second smartphone video of you working on the piece or of you with the final piece talking about it please also email that for consideration ASAP to be used for the contest’s promotion on social media/event webpage.